banner ad

Thursday, February 3, 2011

If you were me, you would think differently

It's easy to place blame on other people when you look at their lives and think to yourself "I could've done it better" but really....could you? I know from my time spent in China I got alot of mixed reactions when I returned home. Some thinking I'm weak willed and one of those women that love to be abused, and others thinking that I'm the bravest person they've ever met. I can guarantee without a doubt, I did the best possible thing at the best possible time to do it. Don't judge what you have absolutely no idea about.




I don't need to retell the story for anyone to understand, if you heard it then consider yourself lucky I shared it with you. It wasn't something I ever wanted to hide exactly..though it was embaressing to have been in the situation in general. Even now, today I find myself in similar situations where everyone is thinking to themself that they could do something better about my situation than me. Once again, you're most likely wrong. It's easy to think about taking control of another persons life and fixing all the wrong, I'm guilty of it too with my mother, but in reality how is that possible? Can you actions be truly for the good of that individual? Is that what will make them happy and make everyone else around them happy as well? Most likely not, if they have plan, let them follow it until it blossoms. Have faith in them, encourage them. Never ever pass judgement and tell them they are wrong. They are never wrong for following their path in life.

I bring up this random thought because it bothers me to the core that where I should have support, I see instead doubtful faces and unwanted hostility. People will always be affected by the choices you make in your life, so while I can cater to that slightly for them, I will not throw out my entire working of the past few years for myself and my dears to make them happy. It is just not in me to become a martyr.

No comments:

Post a Comment