banner ad

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Perfection in your Reflection

I take him in with my keen eyes, he gazes down at me adoringly.."you smell wonderful...."
"oh yeah? Like what?"
"Like beauty"



I'm not at all perplexed about my own looks, but neither am I vain. I don't glance at myself in the mirror every time I pass one, nor spend any major amount of time when I am looking at myself. I critque myself usually once a month, when I try to note changes to my skin tone or firmness. I'm only recently really giving over to the fact that I'm getting older and can't depend on youth to hold up my looks. I have to wonder though what exactly age is going to do to me.

I have a different kind of face. Slightly exotic, aristocratic, and mysterious. My skin is very light colored despite my bloodlines and my eyes an extreme shade of blue that generally pops out too much in pictures or in the sunlight. Currently, my hair is red....a dark kind of mahogany that seems to set off my skin tone wonderfully. When I was younger up until I hit about 20 it had always been a golden kind of blonde, but after my little ones popped out I managed to get alot of red tints in my hair that would turn orange after spending too much time in the sun. I can't stay out of the sun though...I love being outdoors.

My eyes are slanted and most people think I'm mixed with some kind of asian (I usually get alot of people to tell me they have a vietnamese friend that looks exactly like me, though I've yet to run into this elusive copy cat) my hair is long and very shiny, and I absolutely love my straight nose and perfect chin. I would not change a thing about any of these.

Now, of course I have bad things and I accept them for what they are....differences. Before having my little guys, I had the perfect size ta tas. Not too big, not too small...perfect. Now though, since I breastfed both of my cute monsters I did what every breastfeeding woman does not do, I went down a cup size. Since then, I've felt the loss of one whole cup size in having to put away every single beautiful expensive bra that I had and rebuy new ones down a size. I had finally managed to complete a collection that most women would die for, and had to simply give it away. I won't get implants, I just think surgery is terrifying period.

I'm not perfect, but I appreciate exactly what was given to me, I really truly do. It's something my lover loves about me as well, that I am more comfortable in my own skin then anyone else he knows. I think todays post is about finding out how truly beautiful we all are. Everyone has their own unique features, everyone has some beauty in them if you look for it and nurture it. Appreciate it, fall in love with being yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment